In view of MEMO NO. OVCAA-ECA 20-580 and MEMO. NO. OVPAA 2020-31, Interactive Learning Center Diliman is preparing and collecting materials/guides related to online mode of teaching. In addition, ILC Diliman strongly recommends UPD Faculty to use:
- the University Virtual Learning Environment (UVLe) as the main platform or learning management system. It’s basic features include sharing of files/videos, forum discussions, polls, and online assignments. It also has advanced features, such as online quizzes, gamification tools, etc. Moreover, course creation and student enlistment are automated via CRS.
- Zoom for video conferencing and/or lecture recording.
- Google Drive for extra online storage space (esp. for sharing large files).
To help the faculty, ILC Diliman prepared/collected the following guides about teaching online, using UVLe, and using video conferencing/recording applications:
Chronicle of High Education:
ILC Diliman PDF Guides:
Resources about Zoom:
YouTube Videos about UVLe:
Access to Informative Online Resources (e.g. eBooks, eJournals, etc.):
- With a DilNet account, students and faculty can access the library’s online collection/resources (e.g. eJournals, eBooks) through ezproxy.upd.edu.ph
- The CEO of Scribd announced that Scribd’s online library will be free, to anyone, for 30 days (for the next month). Check Scribd here: https://www.scribd.com/?lohp=1
For other suggestions, please check the MEMO NO. ILCD-MVS 20-1. ILC Diliman would like to emphasize the appropriate channels for different types of inquiry.
- For inquiries about ILC Diliman services (e.g. UVLe) or recommended applications (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet, Google Drive, PowerPoint etc.), please contact ILC Diliman via helpdesk.ilc.upd.edu.ph. Kindly read the FAQs before opening a ticket.
- For inquiries about DilNet account or creation of a UP Mail account, please contact UP Computer Center at email@example.com
Please disseminate this information/resources to your faculty/students. Your cooperation is very much appreciated.