The University Virtual Learning Environment (UVLê)
The University Virtual Learning Environment (UVLê - uvle.upd.edu.ph) is the online course management system of the University of the Philippines that enables instructors to
- organize their classes around topics, themes, weekly schedules
- upload digitized materials and share them with students
- link relevant materials from other sites
- post announcements that will be sent out automatically to students
- create online forums and wikis for students to participate in.
Powered by an open-source application called Moodle, UVLê is maintained and operated by the Interactive Learning Center Diliman (ILC Diliman). The name "UVLê" is a homophonic play of "Oblê" that's a contraction of "Oblation"--a university symbol. UVLê is a platform for students to freely interact or collaborate with their instructors and fellow students. It is constructed with a pedagogy that imbibes self-discovery, self-instruction, "learning by doing" and experimentation. Learn more about Moodle's pedagogy.
for more information visit this link